Just an FYI for the Pumpkin Hill property owners that there is a thrust coming from the Utila Power Company to get Pumpkin Hill electrified! For those of you not on facebook, here's the info. (Please note that I am not endorsing or attesting to anything from this project, this is simply a circular of information for those interested. However, feel free to contact me to put you in touch with the right people.
From the Utila Power Company facebook page ( link below this article): Proposal to property owners on Pumpkin Hill road to get Electricity
UPCO has the intention to make a grid extension all the way to Pumpkin Hill.
Be able to do this we have to raise $ 50.000.00 capital. The grid extension will start from the new airport road and pass Capouo farm and continue following the old Pumpkin hill road to the end.
The municipality together with Zolitur are going to widening the road as well and as soon we have these blueprints / surveys, we can start putting in the approximately 40 posts and clear the bushes and trees so they do not interfere with the power lines. for a start it will be a single phase line, but all necessary items for a three phase installation will be in place on the posts.
Because some property owners have already showed interest in the project and participating in the planning and personal I think the majority of the property owners or the already existing houses along side the road, are interested as well
The proposal is as follows:
• Connection fee to hook up is $ 460.00, includes the 15% tax and has to be prepaid with no payment plans.
• The new customer has to prepay $ 1500.00 worth in KW, which would be with the going rate 3687.15 KW and will be getting a voucher. After the meter is electrified, half of these prepaid KW have to be used on the new meter and the other half, if you wish, could be used in any other location, regardless where in Utila or in which name the other meter is in!
• All customers will be hooked up to a transformer, but if the customer is further away as 60 ft from the transformer, the additional cost will be for the end user (secondary line).
• Transformers , probably about 10, will be located strategically along the road, so that as many people could get hooked up as close as possible.
Potential future customers, not participating as stippled out above and wait and sit back and see what is going to happen in the future, will be charged $ 1150.00 to connect, if they decide to hook up after the project is finished and any other connection, even a 2nd connection, the price stays $ 1150.00 for the next 10 years, this applies as well for customers who were part of the initial group that paid the " $460.00 and $ 1500.00" and want a second meter installation later after the project is finnished.
please leave comment, if interested in the project or ask for more information @ the UPCO office.
We even could have a meeting with all the potential people interested in this project, the sooner , the better. I been hearing now for 30 years about this road and electricity in Utila going to Pumpkin Hill, I believe this time it is possible if 25 people participate and come together financially to start this!
The Pumpkin Hill project is taken shape!
In this post I am adding the person or entity by name, who gave verbally his approval and is willing to pay the $ 1960.00 ($460.00 + $1500.00)
There must be at least 25 to 30 people on this list for us to continue making plans and these monies should be in our possession by the end of October this year. Send me a private message on the UPCO face book page or by sending an email to email@example.com, that you would like to participate and that you have no problem that your name or company is listed on this public page.
The following people so far gave their verbal approval to pay $ 1960.00 in full
1) Sherry and Danny Owen Bush
2) Tara and Steve Dankewich
3) Linda and Kurt Halverson
4) Andy Phillips
5) Barbara Kempf
6) Chuck Conners
7) Glenn Pedersen
8) Sherry and Danny Owen Bush (2nd connection)
9) Lisa and Frank Morgan
10) Patrick Flynn
11) Shelby McNab
12) Shelby McNab (2nd connection)
13) Barbara Vansteenkiste
14) Mrs Carmen Hill
To better serve retirees & those seeking a slower pace of life in the Caribbean, I became the First and Only Accredited Buyer's Representative in the country of Honduras. This means you can be assured of the best representation of your real estate needs, like no one else can.